Quantcast
Home News Woman’s false account of seeing Curtis Stone at Coles proves why you can’t trust Facebook

Woman’s false account of seeing Curtis Stone at Coles proves why you can’t trust Facebook

0
Woman’s false account of seeing Curtis Stone at Coles proves why you can’t trust Facebook

Woman falsely accuses Curtis Stone of being rude to customers and trying to shoplift 15 steaks at a Coles supermarket… and a video of the celebrity chef proves the claim is false

In a perfect example of why you shouldn’t believe everything you read on Facebook, a woman has falsely accused celebrity chef Curtis Stone of being rude to customers and trying to shoplift 15 steaks at a Coles supermarket.

The woman shared her supposed ‘encounter’ with Curtis, 44, who is a longtime ambassador for Coles, in a popular Facebook group for MasterChef fans on Friday – only for her account to be thoroughly debunked in a matter of minutes.

She claimed to have seen Curtis at her local Coles store in Sydney on Thursday – but an interview he did with The Project that same day proves he was in lockdown in Los Angeles at the time, and therefore means the claim is totally false. 

Scroll down for video 

Fake news! In a perfect example of why you shouldn’t believe everything you read on Facebook, a woman has falsely accused celebrity chef Curtis Stone (pictured) of being rude to customers and trying to shoplift 15 steaks at a Coles supermarket 

The woman incorrectly stated that Curtis had been rude to her and tried to leave the store without paying for ‘fifteen hormone-free steaks’. 

Of course, he couldn’t have been shoplifting in Sydney because he was 12,000km away in California, where he has lived with his family for years.

Other Facebook users were quick to point out that they had seen Curtis speaking to The Project via video link from his home in America on Thursday.  

Different country: Her post comes one day after Curtis (pictured) revealed he was in lockdown in Los Angeles on The Project via video link

Different country: Her post comes one day after Curtis (pictured) revealed he was in lockdown in Los Angeles on The Project via video link

‘I’m not a huge fan but that interview certainly indicated he was not in Australia. Maybe he had a lookalike trying to get free meat?’ one person wrote.

On Thursday’s episode of The Project, Curtis told Gorgi Coghlan the coronavirus pandemic had forced him to shut down both of his LA restaurants.

‘It is brutal. We are in Los Angeles, one of the hardest hit areas of America, and both our restaurants were closed,’ he said. 

'We are in Los Angeles': On Thursday's episode of The Project via video link, Curtis told Gorgi Coghlan (pictured)  he had been forced him to shut down both of his Los Angeles restaurants

‘We are in Los Angeles’: On Thursday’s episode of The Project via video link, Curtis told Gorgi Coghlan (pictured)  he had been forced him to shut down both of his Los Angeles restaurants

The Melbourne-born, U.S.-based chef explained he had choice but to turn his restaurant Maude into a marketplace and deliver food to people.

Curtis also runs a successful catering business in addition to his two restaurants.

He married actress Lindsay Price in 2013 and the couple share two sons: Hudson, seven, and Emerson, six.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here