Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace: Kelechi Iheanacho scores and Jamie Vardy bags a brace as Brendan Rodgers men earn first victory since Premier League resumption
- Leicester claimed first win since return with 1-0 win over Crystal Palace
- Kelechi Iheanacho tapped in to givethe Foxes the lead on 49 minutes
- Jamie Vardy doubled the Foxes’ lead with 13 minutes remaining
- Leicester No 9 secured all three points with his second goal in stoppage time
- The result leaves Leicester in third place and Roy Hodgson’s men in 13th
Iheanacho netted from close range on 49 minutes after a goalless first half, beating Palace goalkeeper Vicente Guaita to the ball to stab home from close range.
Vardy showed his predatory instinct to score twice in the final 17 minutes as the Foxes secured victory at the King Power Stadium.
More to follow.
Kelechi Iheanacho celebrates after opening the scoring for Leicester on 49 minutes
The Leicester forward beats Crystal Palace keeper Vicente Guaita to the ball to tap in
Crystal Palace goalkeeper Vicente Guaita blocks a close-range shot with his legs
Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel dives to his right during the first half
Crystal Palace captain Luka Milivojevic battles for the ball with Leicester’s Kelechi Iheanacho