Quantcast

Renae Ayris is treated to a ‘beautiful catered dinner’ for 30th birthday

'Can't wipe the smile off my face!' Former Miss Universe Australia Renae Ayris is treated to a catered dinner for her 30th birthday by...
More

    Pro-surfer sisters Ellie-Jean Coffey and Holly-Daze Coffey offer explicit OnlyFans style content

    Surfer sisters Ellie-Jean Coffey and Holly-Daze Coffey offer explicit OnlyFans-style content as they launch their 'uncensored' paid websites By Marta Jary For Daily Mail Australia...

    SARAH VINE: Sasha Swire is happy to spread scandal… but I hope she’s got her tin hat on

    SARAH VINE: Sasha Swire is happy to spread mischief and scandal... but as she prepares to publish her diary detailing her life as wife...

    Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia

    A group of Trump supporters waving campaign flags disrupted the second day of early voting in Fairfax, Va., on Saturday, chanting “four more years”...

    British expats in Europe ‘will be stripped of UK bank accounts in weeks’ after post Brexit rules

    Tens of thousands of British expats in Europe 'will be stripped of their UK bank accounts and credit cards in weeks' after government failed...

    Premier League ‘disappointed and surprised’ by Newcastle’s statement on failed £300m Saudi takeover

    Premier League blast back at Newcastle over statement that they had rejected the failed £300m Saudi takeover… and claim the deal CAN still go ahead should the ‘appropriate information’ be provided

    • The £300m deal collapsed in July when the consortium withdrew their offer 
    • Newcastle accused the Premier League of not having acted ‘appropriately’ 
    • Richard Masters and the League have since hit back to express their surprise 

    The Premier League have labelled Mike Ashley’s claims that they blocked the proposed takeover of Newcastle United as ‘incorrect’ and say they are still waiting for ‘all appropriate information’ from the Saudi-led consortium.

    The Newcastle owner issued a statement on Wednesday night in which he accused Premier League chief executive Richard Masters of not acting ‘appropriately’ and suggested he could take legal action.

    But the League are said to be furious and have hit back, saying they are ‘disappointed’ and ‘surprised’ by Ashley’s public and personal attack on Masters.

    Richard Masters and Premier League have said they are ‘surprised’ at Newcastle’s statement

    Newcastle released a statement saying the £300m deal had been officially rejected by them

    Newcastle released a statement saying the £300m deal had been officially rejected by them

    The £300million deal collapsed in July when the Saudi Public Investment Fund withdrew from the process citing economic reasons and frustration with the League’s refusal to accept that they and the Saudi state were separate entities. The consortium refused the League’s offer of independent arbitration.

    Amanda Staveley – who was set to take a 10 per cent stake – has since tried to keep the deal alive and sources say the Saudis would have considered a return had the takeover been guaranteed approval.

    But the process appears no further forward and the League’s statement on Thursday shifted the blame back to the door of the would-be buyers.

    The deal collapsed in July when the consortium including Amanda Staveley withdrew

    The deal collapsed in July when the consortium including Amanda Staveley withdrew

    The League said: ‘The club’s assertion that the Premier League has rejected the takeover is incorrect.

    ‘The Premier League Board has, on a number of occasions, given its opinion about which entities it believes would have control over the club should the consortium proceed with the acquisition. That opinion is based on legal advice.

    ‘This means the potential takeover could proceed to the next stage should the relevant entities provide all appropriate information. They would then be subject to a suitability assessment by the Board. As an alternative, the Board has repeatedly offered independent arbitration as a way forward since June.’

    Mike Ashley also accused the League of acting inappropriately and hinted at legal action

    Mike Ashley also accused the League of acting inappropriately and hinted at legal action

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest Posts

    ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll

    It is a staggering toll, almost 200,000 people dead from the coronavirus in the United States, and nearly five times that many — close...

    With Flags, Crosses and Photos, Mourning 200,000 Dead

    Twelve days after his wife died of the coronavirus, increasing the enormous toll in the United States by one, Michael Davis, dazed and grieving,...

    Tropical Storm Beta, Forecast to Move Inland Monday, Churns in the Gulf

    As Tropical Storm Beta stirred in the Gulf of Mexico, several warnings have been issued across portions of the Texas and Louisiana coast that...