Quantcast
More

    ‘War of the Roses’ brawler Brandon Locke-Walker banned from drinking alcohol after Rosehill brawl

    'War of the Roses' brawler seen fighting with up to 30 people at Rosehill Racecourse is banned from drinking for a YEAR but avoids...

    Carrie Symonds enjoys five-star Italian holiday as Rishi Sunak unveils urgent measures to save jobs

    EXCLUSIVE: In the week Boris told a battered Britain it was in for another six months of Covid winter misery, his partner Carrie Symonds...

    Married At First Sight’s Sarah Roza gets a ‘non-invasive’ neck and jaw lift

    Forever young! Married At First Sight's Sarah Roza, 40, gets a 'non-invasive' neck and jaw lift... after previously professing her 'love' of BotoxBy Demeter...

    Chief Scientific Officer Sir Patrick Vallance has £600,000 of shares in vaccine maker GSK

    Conflict of interest row as it emerges Chief Scientific Officer Sir Patrick Vallance has £600,000 of shares in vaccine maker contracted to make UK's...

    Trump weighs in on NYC’s indoor dining plans and slams Cuomo ‘one of the WORST governors in the USA’

    ‘A step in the right direction but should go faster!’: Donald Trump weighs in on NYC’s plans to allow indoor dining for quarter full restaurants from September 30 – as he slams Cuomo as ‘one of the WORST governors in the USA’

    • Gov. Cuomo said Wednesday that restaurants in NYC can welcome diners indoors from September 30 at 25% capacity and with ‘strict restrictions’ in place 
    • Cuomo said the city would contribute 400 personnel to an existing task force made up of the State Liquor Authority and state police to ensure compliance    
    • Restaurants may open at 50% in November if infection rates remain low 
    • Trump welcomed the move but called for the city’s reopening to be ‘faster’ 
    • The president tweeted ‘a step in the right direction, but should go faster’ before launching into a Twitter attack on the Democrat governor 
    • Trump raged that Cuomo has ‘lost control’ and called him ‘one of the worst’ 
    • Cuomo’s indoor dining plan came just 24 hours after he said it couldn’t be done
    • He has been cautious after cases spiked in many southern states after reopening
    • Hard-hit restaurants had been urging him to reopen indoor dining, with several businesses going under and the clock ticking on outdoor dining 

    Donald Trump has weighed in on New York City’s indoor dining plans and slammed New York Governor Andrew Cuomo as ‘one of the WORST governors in the USA’ in the latest spat between the two leaders. 

    Cuomo said Wednesday that restaurants in the Big Apple can welcome diners back indoors from September 30 at 25 percent capacity and with ‘strict restrictions’ in place to reduce the risk of a COVID-19 outbreak.

    His announcement came just 24 hours after the Democrat governor said it couldn’t be done because it would double the number of bars currently open and the city does not have the resources to enforce social distancing standards.

    Restaurants have been urging Cuomo to reopen indoor dining in the city, with several businesses going under and the clock ticking on outdoor dining as the fall weather trickles in. 

    However, the governor has been cautious about restaurants reopening their doors after cases spiked in many southern states following such moves and as health experts warn indoor settings are riskier than outdoors.     

    Donald Trump has weighed in on New York City’s indoor dining plans and slammed New York Governor Andrew Cuomo as ‘one of the WORST governors in the USA’ in the latest spat between the two leaders

    Trump welcomed NYC's indoor dining plans but called for the city's reopening to be 'faster'

    Trump welcomed NYC’s indoor dining plans but called for the city’s reopening to be ‘faster’

    Trump waded in on the matter Thursday – one day after Cuomo announced the plans – welcoming the move but calling for the city’s reopening to be ‘faster’.

    ‘New York City indoor dining to reopen on September 30, at 25% capacity. A step in the right direction, but should go faster!’ the president tweeted. 

    He then launched into a series of Twitter attacks on the governor, saying he has ‘lost control’ and calling him ‘one of the worst’. 

    Trump retweeted a post sharing a DailyMail.com article about swathes of Americans moving from cities such as New York and Connecticut to Florida. 

    ‘Governor Cuomo has completely lost control. Sad!’ Trump wrote. 

    Moments later he retweeted a tweet from former congressman and Trump ally Newt Gingrich which hit out at Cuomo over New York City’s crime wave and his plan to have state police enforce social distancing in reopened restaurants.

    ‘Shootings in new york city are up 166% over last yesr so Governor Cuomo wants 4,000 police assigned to checking restaurants for covid enforcement. Is he just deranged or so arrogant no one can talk sense to him?’ wrote Gingrich.  

    Trump retweeted Gingrich’s post and blasted Cuomo over the COVID-19 nursing home deaths and raged that he didn’t praise the president for doing ‘a phenomenal job.’

    ‘One of the WORST governors in the USA,’ Trump fumed.

    ‘Caused 11,000 deaths in nursing homes alone due to his bad moves and incompetence. At least he said I “did a phenomenal job”. But he didn’t!!!’ 

    New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Wednesday that indoor dining can resume in New York City from September 30 at 25 percent capacity

    Trump also made a series of Twitter attacks on the governor, saying he has 'lost control' and calling him 'one of the worst'

    Trump also made a series of Twitter attacks on the governor, saying he has ‘lost control’ and calling him ‘one of the worst’

    Cuomo said Wednesday indoor dining can resume in the Big Apple at the end of September so long as ‘strict restrictions’, including that restaurants have to close by midnight, are in place.

    All diners must have their temperatures checked at the door and one member of each party has to provide contact information for tracing should there be a COVID-19 outbreak originating from a restaurant.

    There can also be no service at the bar.  

    Cuomo said the city would contribute 400 personnel to an existing task force made up of the State Liquor Authority and state police to ensure compliance with the rules. 

    Cuomo said that if infections rates were still low by November 1, he would reassess if NYC restaurants could open at 50 percent. 

    The infection rate in New York City has been less than one percent for a month.  

    Cuomo said the state would establish a whistleblowing system whereby New Yorkers can report restaurants not in compliance. 

    ‘New Yorkers themselves will help with compliance,’ Cuomo said. ‘New Yorkers will keep new Yorkers safe.’  

    The city’s outdoor dining scheme is due to expire in October. It is not yet clear if that will be extended. 

    In a statement New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio acknowledged that dining at 25 percent capacity will not mark a full return to normal but characterized it as a starting point and a way to lift the city’s economy.

    Cuomo said indoor dining could reopen end September with 'strict restrictions', including that restaurants have to close by midnight

    Cuomo said indoor dining could reopen end September with ‘strict restrictions’, including that restaurants have to close by midnight

    ‘We are continuing New York City’s economic recovery by bringing back indoor dining,’ de Blasio said. 

    ‘This may not look like the indoor dining that we all know and love, but it is progress for restaurant workers and all New Yorkers.’ 

    The abrupt announcement marked a backpedaling for Cuomo, coming just one day after he insisted indoor dining could not resume unless the city – i.e. de Blasio – came up with a unique task force to enforce the rules.  

    ‘We have seen that opening bars has created a compliance and enforcement nightmare,’ Cuomo said. 

    ‘From our experience Upstate, opening indoor dining caused issues. I beseeched the local governments to help and they did not.

    ‘I would need additional enforcement capacity. It could be a local police department or it could be local health inspectors.’   

    Prior to Wednesday’s announcement, New York City was the only place in the state of New York that had not been allowed to welcome diners inside again.  

    Cuomo and de Blasio halted a plan to reopen indoor dining in the city two months ago as cases and deaths surged in states such as Texas and Florida where officials rushed to reopen their economies.   

    Restaurant and bar owners in NYC have been crying out for months now for some form of break. 

    A conglomerate of bar and restaurant owners had recently filed a lawsuit against the state for $2billion in damages, claiming they were being unfairly shackled and stopped from making money due to the lack of indoor dining. 

    A New York State Restaurant Survey on September 3 revealed that a staggering 64 percent of restaurants said they would not be able to stay open if indoor dining wasn’t allowed soon.  

    Cuomo's announcement came just 24 hours after the Democrat governor said it couldn't be done because it would double the number of bars currently open and the city does not have the resources to enforce social distancing standards

    Cuomo’s announcement came just 24 hours after the Democrat governor said it couldn’t be done because it would double the number of bars currently open and the city does not have the resources to enforce social distancing standards 

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest Posts

    D.A. Won’t Prosecute Reporter Arrested While Covering Shooting of Deputies

    The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office will not pursue charges against a reporter who was accused of interfering with an arrest and thrown...

    Jennifer Lopez dons racy outfits, gets arrested and heats up a fling with Maluma in new videos

    Jennifer Lopez dons racy outfits, gets arrested and heats up a fling with Maluma in new videos for Pa Ti and Lonely By Kellie Chudzinski...

    Chrissy Teigen shares ultrasound photo of her ‘sweet strong boy’ on Instagram

    Chrissy Teigen shares ultrasound photo of her 'sweet strong boy'...after revealing high-risk pregnancy has forced her to postpone cookbook 'indefinitely' By Carly Johnson For Dailymail.com...

    How plans to create the Western Harbour Tunnel will create 15,000 jobs

    The best bets to get a tradie job: How huge projects around Australia will be a godsend for the unemployed, with one alone creating...