Quantcast
More

    Jeffrey Toobin walks his dog after Zoom masturbation ordeal

    EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Toobin is pictured walking his dog under cover of darkness a day after it was revealed he was was caught masturbating on...

    Melbourne: Footballer Jackson Williams cleared of sexual assault after dragging nurse down a laneway

    Footballer who dragged a nurse down a laneway before off-duty cop pulled him off her is CLEARED of sexual assault after judge decided 'he...

    Arabella Del Busso flaunts underboob in X-rated selfie

    Notorious former WAG Arabella Del Busso flaunts her toned abs and a generous glimpse of underboob in a skimpy white crop topBy Alisha Buaya...

    Warning over toxic trendy pink salt as it’s revealed some brands have dangerous levels of LEAD

    Warning over toxic trendy pink salt as it's revealed some brands have dangerous levels of LEAD and heavy metals - while white salt is...

    Strictly Come Dancing’s HRVY ‘tests positive for COVID-19’

    Strictly Come Dancing’s HRVY ‘tests positive for COVID-19 and will have to remain in isolation until October 8’… just 4 DAYS before being paired with a pro partner

    Strictly Come Dancing has suffered its first celebrity COVID-19 blow – with YouTuber HRVY allegedly testing positive for coronavirus.

    The internet personality – real name Harvey Cantwell – is said to have contracted the virus, despite being asymptomatic, and has been sent into isolation.

    He will have to remain there until October 8, according to sources, which is just four days before the celebrities are partnered up with their pro dancers.

    COVID-tastrophe! Strictly Come Dancing has suffered its first celebrity COVID-19 blow – with YouTuber HRVY allegedly testing positive for coronavirus

    If he is not well, he will be axed from the competition.

    ‘This is the last thing Strictly wanted,’ a source told The Sun. ‘They’ve been jumping through hoops since day one to make sure everything is done safely and with as minimal risk to the cast and crew as possible.

    ‘But with just ten days until the celebrities are introduced to their partners, this is the worst-case scenario.

    ‘Bosses have scrapped the replacements this year so if someone falls sick, that’s it, they’re out. And with a crunched-down run, there is no room for error.’

    This follows the news that stars would potentially be undergoing daily checks for coronavirus after a former crew member tested positive days before the new series.

    Earlier this week, the hit BBC One dance show was said to be in a crisis following the news with ‘everyone told to leave’ and the set given a ‘deep clean’.

    Precautions! This follows the news that stars would potentially be undergoing daily checks for coronavirus after a former crew member tested positive days before the new series

    Precautions! This follows the news that stars would potentially be undergoing daily checks for coronavirus after a former crew member tested positive days before the new series 

    And now it has been claimed that stars could undergo daily checks in a bid to keep everyone ‘virus free’ with ‘nothing left to chance’.

    A source told The Sun: ‘Nothing is being left to chance after this positive test. A lot of money has been spent on ensuring everyone on the show has access to testing.

    ‘If required, those taking part could even undergo daily checks to make sure they remain virus free.

    ‘The key thing for producers is knowing that if a case emerges that they can react to it to make sure it doesn’t become a massive crisis.’

    The source added that the ‘nightmare scenario’ is a case going ‘undetected’ and ‘spreading’ throughout both cast and crew.

    The Sun has also claimed that bosses have a list of ‘stand-by’ celebrities for the show in case a star falls ill with relatives likely banned from rehearsals and no live studio audience allowed.  

    MailOnline has contacted Strictly Come Dancing for comment. 

    It comes after the hit BBC One dance show was reportedly left in a crisis earlier this week after a former crew member tested positive for coronavirus just days before recording the new series.  

    As a result ‘everyone was told to leave,’ according to a source, who also claimed that the set was given a powerful deep clean as show bosses await the results of a third medical test on the lighting expert. 

    Better safe than sorry! And now it has been claimed that stars could undergo daily checks in a bid to keep everyone 'virus free' with 'nothing left to chance' (Oti Mabuse and Kelvin Fletcher pictured in 2019)

    Better safe than sorry! And now it has been claimed that stars could undergo daily checks in a bid to keep everyone ‘virus free’ with ‘nothing left to chance’ (Oti Mabuse and Kelvin Fletcher pictured in 2019)

    The Sun claimed that a lighting expert spent a week working on the dance contest’s set.

    Following his positive test result, at least five staff who were in close contact with him were sent home and told to self-isolate and await tests of their own, according to the report.

    Additionally, a deep clean of the set using powerful electrostatic sprayers, was apparently ordered. 

    The report also claimed that a third test on the worker is anxiously being waited for, after a second medical check on his Covid-19 status came back as ‘inconclusive.’  

    New rules: The Sun has also claimed that bosses have a list of 'stand-by' celebrities for the show in case a star falls ill with relatives likely banned from rehearsals and no live studio audience allowed (Katya Jones pictured in 2019)

    New rules: The Sun has also claimed that bosses have a list of ‘stand-by’ celebrities for the show in case a star falls ill with relatives likely banned from rehearsals and no live studio audience allowed (Katya Jones pictured in 2019)

    The publication’s source also reported that panic spread quickly among the professional dancers who were due to start filming in the studios tomorrow. 

    A source told The Sun that the crew member would have been in close contact with ‘dozens of others’ on the set of Strictly.

    The insider said: ‘They were hours away from starting filming for the pre-­recorded professional group dances when they got a call to say that one of the crew members had tested positive when turning up for another job.

    ‘Everything juddered to a halt while worried bosses worked out what to do. This is the worst-case scenario for Strictly, as they’ve gone to extreme lengths to make the show safe up to this point.

    ‘Starting a show then stopping mid-production is the most expensive thing that could happen, so they’re praying it’s not more serious than just one person potentially having it.’ 

    The source also insisted that filming in the studio needs to begin this week if the show is going to be able to film the group dances ahead of the series’ scheduled start date, admitting that it’s already ‘a race against time.’.  

    A source told MailOnline: ‘The crew member is no longer on the production and has had a negative NHS test result.

    ‘Procedures were followed and stringent protocols have been put in place just in case, but recording isn’t due to happen until later this week so there is minimal impact.’ 

    Uh oh: It comes after the hit BBC One dance show was reportedly left in a crisis earlier this week after a former crew member tested positive for coronavirus just days before recording the new series (some of the professional dancers pictured in 2019)

    Uh oh: It comes after the hit BBC One dance show was reportedly left in a crisis earlier this week after a former crew member tested positive for coronavirus just days before recording the new series (some of the professional dancers pictured in 2019) 

    MailOnline has contacted Strictly Come Dancing for comment.  

    The report comes days after the final line-up of celebrities taking part in the upcoming series was confirmed.

    Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, 57, and YouTube star HRVY were confirmed as the final contestants this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.  

    They joined Jason Bell, Ranvir Singh, Clara Amfo, Caroline Quentin, Jamie Laing, Bill Bailey, JJ Chalmers, Max George, Maisie Smith and Nicola Adams on the line-up. 

    Strictly Come Dancing Contestants 2020

    CAROLINE QUENTIN

    Age: 60

    Profession: Actress, known for roles in Men Behaving Badly and Jonathan Creek

    Caroline says: ‘I hope my knees don’t let me down and I hope the foundation garments live up to expectations when I start leaping about!’

    Fun fact: She met her now-husband, Sam Farmer in 1998 on the set of Men Behaving Badly when he was one of the studio runners.

    MAX GEORGE 

     Age: 31

    Profession: Singer – from former boy band The Wanted

    Max says: ‘Nan – I’m doing Strictly this year!’ as he vowed to make his superfan grandmother proud

    Fun Fact: Max’s fellow The Wanted bandmate Jay McGuiness was on Strictlby Come Dancing in 2015 – and won it!  

    CLARA AMFO

     Age: 36

    Profession: Radio 1 presenter

    Clara says: ‘As we know this year has been a real challenge and escapism through dancing is something I know we all enjoy’

    Fun fact:  Clara has some experience of celeb gameshows, having taken part on Celebrity Masterchef in 2018

    BILL BAILEY 

     Age: 55

    Profession: Comedian and TV personality

    Clara says: ‘I’m not Lord of the Dance, more a sort of caretaker of the dance’

    Fun fact:  Bill is a classically trained musician and multi-instrumentalist

     

     MAISIE SMITH 

     Age: 19

    Profession: EastEnders actress

    Maisie says: ‘Get me in those sequins, I can’t wait to dive into the Strictly fancy dress box this winter!’

    Fun fact:  Maisie won the 2019 Children In Need special of Strictly with Kevin Clifton 

     

     HRVY

     

     Age: 21

    Profession: YouTube star 

    HRVY says: ‘Being on Strictly is going to be such an amazing experience and I’m so thankful to be taking part this year.’

    Fun fact:  HRVY follows in the footsteps of former internet star contestants Joe Sugg and Saffron Barker – the latter of whom is close friends with him 

     

    JASON BELL

    Age: 42

    Profession: Retired American Football player – now a pundit

     Jason says: ‘I am thrilled. I’m a huge fan of the show, I’ve been watching it since I came to this country, so it’s time for me to do something cool to impress my daughter, now that she can watch me perform!’

    Fun Fact: Jason is the father of Girls Aloud star Nadine Coyle’s daughter. The couple were together for 11 years, only splitting recently in 2019

     RANVIR SINGH 

     Age: 43

    Profession: ITV broadcaster, Political Editor for GMB

    Ranvir says:  ‘It feels like I’m on a rollercoaster… Hopefully after the first dance I will feel exhilarated rather than sick!’

    Fun fact: Ranvir is the fourth GMB star to star following Susanna Reid, Richard Arnold and Charlotte Hawkins.

     

    NICOLA ADAMS  

     Age: 37

    Profession: Double Olympic gold medallist boxer

    Nicola says: ‘I’m a huge fan of the show and am thrilled to be part of something that holds such a special place in so many people’s hearts’

    Fun fact:  Nicola will form the show’s first ever same-sex pairing as she is parterned with a female professional. 

       

      JJ CHALMERS

    Age: 55 Profession: Comedian and TV personality Clara says: 'I'm not Lord of the Dance, more a sort of caretaker of the dance' Fun fact: Bill is a classically trained musician and multi-instrumentalist

     Age: 55 Profession: Comedian and TV personality Clara says: ‘I’m not Lord of the Dance, more a sort of caretaker of the dance’ Fun fact: Bill is a classically trained musician and multi-instrumentalist

    Age: 33

    Profession: Ex Royal Marine and Invictus Games medallist

    JJ says: ‘Strictly is a whole different ball game in respect to the challenges I will face but I’m up for an adventure’

    Fun fact:  JJ is close friends with Prince Harry after they worked together on the Invictus Games

     

     JAMIE LAING 

     Age: 31

    Profession: Made In Chelsea star

    Jamie says: ‘I’m over the moon I actually get to come back and dance again. It’s going to be unbelievably amazing!’

    Fun fact:  Jamie was forced to pull out of the 2019 series of Strictly after a foot injury 

     

    RT HON JACQUI  SMITH

     Age: 57

    Profession: Politician

    Jacqui says: ‘I was speechless with excitement at being asked to join Strictly – and that’s very rare for me…!’

    Fun fact:  Fifty years ago, she received a bronze medal for Scottish Highland Dancing 

     

      

     

    Advertisement

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest Posts

    Grant Denyer is forced to deny rumours he’s returning to Channel Seven

    Grant Denyer is forced to deny rumours he's jumping ship to Channel Seven after Network 10 axed his show Dancing with the Stars By Alisha...

    Covid-19: Dan Andrews announces plans for outdoor dining but refuses to relax Melbourne restrictions

    This is just cruel, Dan: TV-obsessed premier uses his daily press conference for a stunt spruiking plans for more outdoor dining in Victoria -...

    In debate countdown, Trump holds rally, Biden does prep

    ERIE, Pa. (AP) — President Donald Trump pushed into arguably the most important state on the electoral map on Tuesday, opting for a rally...