Ivanka tests NEGATIVE for COVID-19 as she heads to work just hours after Trump confirmed that he and Melania have contracted the virus
- The First Daughter’s spokesperson Carolina Hurley confirmed on Twitter that both Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner tested negative on Friday
- A masked Ivanka, 38, was pictured in the back of a Secret Service SUV on Friday morning making her way to work
- It is not known whether she and Jared, 39, took a test at the White House, or whether they had already taken it before leaving home
- Her appearance comes just hours after President Trump publicly confirmed that both he and Melania have tested positive for COVID-19
- Ivanka attended the presidential debate with her father on Tuesday, and was seen posing for a photo with him aboard Air Force One as they returned home
- Neither she or her father were wearing face masks in the photo
- The First Daughter also posed for pictures backstage at the debate with her stepmother Melania, however they both wore face masks
- She also sat alongside Melania in a socially-distanced seat at the debate
Ivanka Trump is keeping calm and carrying in the face of her father’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis by making her way to work as usual on Friday morning just two days after posing for an unmasked photo with the President aboard Air Force One.
The 38-year-old First Daughter has not yet confirmed whether she has had a coronavirus test since Trump revealed that both he and Melania had contracted the illness – despite tweeting about their diagnosis shortly after leaving her house.
‘Praying for the swift recovery of my father and Melania and for all those impacted by COVID-19,’ she wrote on the social media site. ‘As they fight this together, the President will continue to fight for the people of this great country.’
Ivanka’s departure for work came just hours after the President and First Lady tweeted that they had both tested positive and were isolating at the White House – two days after attending the first presidential debate alongside several of Trump’s children, including the mother-of-three.
Nothing to worry about? Ivanka Trump was seen heading to work on Friday morning, hours after her father tested positive for COVID-19. She has not confirmed whether she’s been tested
Staying mum: The First Daughter tweeted about Trump and Melania’s test results on Friday morning but did not address the status of her own health, and didn’t say if she’s had a test
While at the debate, Ivanka posed for several masked photos alongside Melania, and the two also sat alongside each other during the event – however the chairs had been spread out to follow social-distancing guidelines.
Following the debate, in the early hours of Wednesday morning, Ivanka then shared a photo of herself and her father posing together without face masks aboard Air Force One, with the First Daughter standing over President Trump with her hand on his shoulder.
The photo was posted almost exactly 48 hours before Trump tweeted about his positive test result, writing: ‘Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!’
DailyMail.com has reached out to Ivanka’s spokesperson for comment.
Meanwhile her husband Jared Kushner, 39, was also pictured departing for work on Friday morning – despite having traveled with Trump’s aide Hope Hicks, who tested positive hours before the President, on September 30.
Too close for comfort? The 38-year-old posed for this unmasked photo with her father 48 hours before he shared the news of his diagnosis
On Wednesday, Jared and Hope, 31, traveled to Minnesota together, and were seen walking alongside one another at Andrews Air Force Base as they prepared to board their plane. Neither of them were wearing masks.
Hours later, as they made their way back to Washington, D.C., hope began feeling unwell, and she tested positive for COVID-19 one day later, on Thursday evening.
Like his wife, Jared has yet to confirm whether he has been tested.
Carrying on: Ivanka’s husband Jared Kushner, 39, was also seen making his way to work on Friday, days after traveling with Trump’s aide Hope Hicks who has also tested positive
September 30: Hope, 31, and Jared, 39, traveled to Minnesota together on Wednesday and she tested positive for the virus late on Thursday evening, hours before Trump’s diagnosis