New South Wales records TEN new coronavirus cases as diners who visited a popular restaurant in Sydney’s west are told to isolate immediately
NSW has recorded 10 new cases, including two locally-acquired infections as a worrying cluster in Sydney’s south-west continues to spread.
The other eight cases recorded on Wednesday were returned travellers in hotel quarantine.
One previously reported case from March has been excluded after further investigation, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 4167.
NSW deputy chief health officer Jeremy McAnulty said on Wednesday the two new locally acquired cases were linked to a known case and cluster.
“Both of today’s locally acquired cases are close contacts of a confirmed case linked to a person who attended the Great Beginnings childcare centre at Oran Park. There are now 22 cases linked with the Oran Park community cluster,” he said.
Dr McAnulty said a confirmed case of COVID-19 linked to the Oran Park cluster had visited Bavarian Macarthur in Macarthur Square at Campbelltown on the evening of October 10.
Anyone who dined at the restaurant for an hour or more that must immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days and stay isolated for the entire period, even if a negative test result was received.
Anyone who was there for less than an hour must monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if they develop any symptoms and after testing, they must remain in isolation until a negative test result is received.
“NSW Health continues to appeal to the community to come forward for testing right away if anyone has even the mildest of symptoms like a runny nose or scratchy throat, cough, fever or other symptoms that could be COVID-19,” Dr McAnulty said.
“This is particularly important in southwestern Sydney, western Sydney and southeastern Sydney, where there have been locally transmitted cases recently,,” he said.
NSW Health is treating 72 COVID-19 cases, with one patient in intensive care.