‘Reclaiming my body’: Ulrika Jonsson, 53, shares naked selfie hours after John Leslie was found NOT GUILTY of sexual assault and years after he was wrongly linked to her rape allegation
Ulrika Jonsson shared a naked selfie from her bathroom on Instagram on Monday.
The post came hours after former TV presenter John Leslie, 55, was found not guilty of sexually assaulting a woman at a Christmas party.
53-year-old Ulrika wrote that she was ‘reclaiming her body’ but added: ‘reclaiming my mind is taking a bit more time,’ but didn’t reference Leslie.
Blue Peter presenter John, who also presented This Morning, was found not guilty by a jury over claims he grabbed a woman’s breasts at a Christmas party in central London on December 5, 2008.
Before the trial, Leslie had already been investigated an astonishing number of times over separate sexual assault allegations made to police since 2002, when he was falsely accused of raping Ulrika Jonsson.
Ulrika has never made any complaint to police.
John said his life changed completely in 2002 when he was wrongly identified on live television as the unnamed alleged rapist in his former girlfriend Ulrika’s autobiography.
Leslie was falsely accused of raping Ulrika by the TV presenter Matthew Wright. Wright later apologised, saying he had given his name in error.
Other women have publicly accused him of similar seedy behaviour, while he has been the subject of salacious revelations about his sex life (including his starring role in a threesome sex tape with Abi Titmuss) and his use of cocaine.
A string of former Blue Peter presenters rallied around Leslie at his trial, with Anthea Turner, Diane Louise Jordan and Yvette Fielding taking to the stand to call him a ‘gentleman’ and deny he was ever inappropriate towards women.
Leslie has never been found guilty of any offence, but his own barrister today claimed he had become a ‘notorious’ and a ‘nobody’ because of the repeated claims against him.
The former star, who once earned £350,000 a year, was last known to be living in an Edinburgh bungalow and doing DJ jobs to earn extra money.
Posting: Ulrika also shared a close-up of her face writing: ‘Love is patient, love is kind. Must remember’
Ulrika also shared a close-up of her face writing: ‘Love is patient, love is kind. Must remember.’
Her posts come after it was claimed Ulrika has signed up to the next series of Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins.
The television personality is the latest celebrity rumoured to be taking part in the Channel 4 military show, which sees Ant Middleton and his team training the stars as SAS recruits.
It’s also been claimed that Olympian James Cracknell and former X Factor star Jake Quickenden would also be forming part of the line-up.
The next challenge: Ulrika has reportedly signed up to the next series of Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins (pictured in 2019)
A source told The Sun: ‘Ulrika is a huge signing for SAS and she’s ready to show the world just how tough she is.
‘Her four kids encouraged her to give the show a whirl. In their eyes it’s really cool. It is the toughest show on TV but everyone who signs up ends up taking so much away with them.
‘It’s really fulfilling so when Ulrika was asked she jumped at the chance. She is physically fit but has suffered back pain in the past because of a degenerative disc condition.’
Sportsman: At the weekend it was alleged Olympian James Cracknell (pictured in 2019) and former X Factor star Jake Quickenden would also be forming part of the line-up