PICTURED: Shirtless AFL star Jordan De Goey is all smiles as he enjoys a day on the water with a group of young women – showing no signs he’s worried about looming indecent assault charges
- Collingwood forward Jordan De Goey enjoyed a day on the water with company
- A shirtless De Goey was seen partying with a group of girls on Monday
- An image of the group appeared on Instagram before it was suddenly removed
- De Goey and another man have been charged over an alleged indecent assault
- The Magpies player was first investigated over the incident in 2018
If Collingwood hero Jordan De Goey is worried about looming sex charges, he’s not outwardly letting it bother him.
The champion forward was spotted on Monday enjoying the company of a group of young woman aboard a boat on Melbourne‘s Port Phillip Bay.
Melbourne teenager Cheyenne McDonald, 18, posted the photo to Instagram before quickly removing it.
Collingwood player Jordan De Goey enjoys a day at the water with a group of young woman in Melbourne
Melbourne bar waitress Cheyenne McDonald posted the photo to Instagram before quickly removing it.
Jordan De Goey had an injury plagued season which saw him limited to just 14 goals this season
Life and times of Jordan De Goey
2015: De Goey is accused of indecently assaulting a woman
2017: De Goey was caught lying to the Magpies, blaming a broken hand on his pet dog after being involved in a scuffle
He was fined and suspended by the club for the incident
2018: Collingwood indefinitely suspended De Goey from senior selection and fined him $10,000 after he was caught drink driving
2019: Was allegedly caught driving while suspended and using his phone behind the wheel
2020: Charged over the 2015 allegations of indecent assault
The photo showed a smiling and shirtless De Goey wearing sunglasses under a caption that read: ‘DEGOEYYY HAHA’.
It remains unclear who the other men on the boat are, with one sporting a tattoo on his right side.
Daily Mail Australia has been told the 24-year old had been enjoying a stunning Melbourne day out of Port Phillip Bay in the Bayside area when he asked the girls out for a ride.
‘He didn’t know them and invited the four young girls out to sea,’ the source said.
‘Quite interesting considering just last month, his court date for sexual assault was pushed out.’
Ms McDonald was contacted for comment.
De Goey was charged mid-season with indecent assault over an alleged incident dating back to 2015.
A second 24-year-old man has also been charged.
He was due to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court just weeks ago, but the matter was pushed back at least six months due to Victoria’s struggling court system.
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire did not respond to Daily Mail Australia when contacted about De Goey’s offshore escapades on Tuesday.
De Goey is currently enjoying the off-season in what had been a turbulent year for the Magpie both on and off the field.
Cheyenne McDonald and the friends on the day of boat trip
Jordan De Goey continues to live a rockstar lifestyle in Melbourne
Jordan De Goey has been charged with an indecent assault, which will return to court next year
The Magpies, along with every other Melbourne team, were forced to move to Queensland amid the COVID-19 crisis in Victoria.
The tough forward kicked just 14 goals from 10 games after an injury-interrupted season.
Collingwood has continued to back De Goey throughout the season, but has remained tight-lipped since charges were laid.
‘At Collingwood’s insistence, and with full-co-operation from De Goey, the matter was investigated by the AFL Integrity Unit and Victoria Police in 2018. No charges were laid,’ Collingwood said in a statement at the time.
‘De Goey will remain in the Collingwood football program while the legal process takes its course.
‘Neither Collingwood nor De Goey is in a position to make further comment.’
Just last month, De Goey’s future at the Magpies remained in doubt, with speculation at the close of the season that the out-of-contract player might leave the club.
It was reported that Carlton and Essendon had considered a play for De Goey after being approached by his dad, but scoffed at the $1 million asking price.
North Melbourne had offered a seven figure number for De Goey just two years ago but were unsuccessful in securing him.
At the time, McGuire said the club was keen to retain his services.
‘Jordy wants to play at Collingwood, we want him to stay at Collingwood. Hopefully we’ll be able to get a deal done,” McGuire told Triple M last month.
‘Every player out of contract’s manager is speaking to every club to see what’s out there at the moment, so he’s no different to anyone else.
‘As I said, he wants to stay. We want him to stay. If we can get the deal done, and we hope to get the deal done, then it’ll get done.’