Donald Trump Jr. denies he wants to take over RNC in plot with girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle in wake of his father’s defeat
- Donald Trump Jr. denied that he and girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle were taking steps to expand their influence at the Republican National Committee
- ‘Zero interest in a role at the RNC, I’ll leave that to @GOPChairwoman,’ Trump Jr. tweeted at CNN’s Jim Acosta, who reported on the developments
- CNN’s report said Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle were unhappy with the performance of GOP Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel
- McDaniel took over the GOP in January 2017 after convincing President Donald Trump to campaign in Michigan, a state he won in 2016
- In 2020, Trump lost Michigan, along with Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Nevada and likely Georgia and Arizona to President-elect Joe Biden, but he won’t concede
- CNN reported that Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle looked to the RNC as a staging ground for the president to run for the White House again in 2024
‘LOL #fakenews as usual… Zero interest in a role at the RNC, I’ll leave that to @GOPChairwoman,’ Trump Jr. tweeted Tuesday. ‘If anyone believes that i want to sit in an office in DC and make fundraising calls for 18 hours a day they clearly have never met me.’
Donald Trump Jr. was spotted Tuesday arriving back at Trump Tower in New York City. He tweeted Tuesday that he had no interest in a position at the Republican National Committee despite sources telling CNN he was flexing his influence at the political party
Trump Jr. called a report writted by CNN’s Jim Acosta ‘#fakenews as usual,’ saying he had ‘Zero interest in a role at the RNC,’ suggesting publicly that Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel should keep her job
‘If anyone believes that I want to sit in an office in D.C. and make fundraising calls for 18 hours a day they clearly have never met me,’ Trump Jr. replied to a report that said he and girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle were plotting to take over the RNC
Donald Trump Jr. was spotted outside Trump Tower on Tuesday, returning to New York City from the campaign trail
The president has yet to concede the race.
Unnamed sources told CNN that Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle could seek leadership roles at the RNC, planting the seeds for the president to run for re-election again in 2024.
Supporters of the president have also pushed Trump’s children to run, including Trupm Jr. and Ivanka, who served as a White House adviser throughout the president’s one term.
‘Don Jr. and Kimberly have an eye on the RNC, through themselves taking over or somebody close to them taking over,’ a ‘well-placed Republican Party source close to the White House’ told the cable news channel.
McDaniel, the niece of Sen. Mitt Romney, took over the RNC in January 2017 when her predecessor, Reince Priebus, headed to the White House to become the new president’s first chief of staff.
On the campaign trail, Trump would tout the reason why she was picked – because she encouraged him to come back to Michigan again and again during the 2016 cycle.
It was a state that flipped that allowed him his path to an Electoral College victory four years ago against Democrat Hillary Clinton.
But a week ago, during Tuesday’s general election, Michigan again flipped to blue, helping Biden win the White House.
Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania – the so-called Democratic ‘blue wall’ – was rebuilt by Biden, the former vice president and Delaware senator.
Both Trump and Trump Jr. have been using social media to protest the results of the race, alleging widespread voter fraud, of which there’s no evidence.
Trump Jr. was spotted in New York City with suitcase in hand as he returned from the campaign trail and walked to Guilfoyle’s apartment.
He was also spotted entering Trump Tower.
The president and first lady Melania Trump changed their residency to Mar-a-Lago in Florida, where they cast their votes.
It’s likely Trump will live his post-presidency in Florida, which voted in his favor, as opposed to New York, which did not.