Quantcast
More

    James Martin’s This Morning segment descends into CHAOS

    'I got up at 5am to come here!' James Martin's fumes as his soup boils over, blender lid flies off and host Phillip Schofield...

    Now a mysterious Arthur C Clarke-style monolith appears in ROMANIA after another vanished from Utah

    Now a mysterious Arthur C Clarke-style monolith appears in ROMANIA after unexplained metal vanished from Utah – so who (or what) put it there? Mysterious...

    China attacks Australia with vile fake image of soldier and Afghan child

    China attacks Australia with vile fake image of soldier holding a knife to the throat of an Afghan child in shocking reference to 'war...

    The Block insider reveals ‘only three properties were sold’ during the show’s anticipated auction

    The Block SPOILER: Heartbreak for contestants as insider reveals only three out of five properties were sold during auction

    The Block’s five homes went up for auction on Saturday ahead of this season’s highly-anticipated finale.

    But it appears luck wasn’t on each of the contestant’s side, Daily Mail Australia can reveal that not all five of the renovated properties were sold.

    According to a well placed Block insider ‘only three properties were sold’ during Saturday’s auctions.

    Unlucky: A Block insider has revealed ‘only three’ of five properties were sold during the show’s anticipated auction on Saturday

    The homes reportedly went under the hammer for a reported $3.2million to $3.4million.

    While the show’s auctions are always hard to predict, this year’s outcome could have been as a result due to dramatic changes amid the coronavirus pandemic.

    With a restriction on the amount of potential buyers, COVID-19 rules meant a maximum of 10 people were allowed to be present at the auction.

    On sale: The homes went under the hammer for a reported $3.2million to $3.4million

    On sale: The homes went under the hammer for a reported $3.2million to $3.4million

    Other potential buyers were required to join by Zoom.

    Bidders were also required to pay a refundable $5,000 to attend in person, making it more likely they were serious contenders. 

    Speaking of the dramatic changes, host Scott Cam told Weekend Today that this year’s an auction like no other, ‘It will be a nail-biter,’ he said. 

    Renovated: One cosy kitchen backs onto the open-plan living and dining area, which is finished with floor to ceiling windows and a fireplace

    Renovated: One cosy kitchen backs onto the open-plan living and dining area, which is finished with floor to ceiling windows and a fireplace

    Last year’s winners Tess and Luke sold their Grey Street, St Kilda pad for a whopping $3.6million.

    They earned $730,000 in total prize money which included $100,000 winner’s cheque.

    The Block continues on Channel Nine at 7pm

    Last year newlyweds Tess, 28, and Luke Struber, 30, were crowned the winners with a $630,000 profit on top of the show's $100k cash prize

    Last year newlyweds Tess, 28, and Luke Struber, 30, were crowned the winners with a $630,000 profit on top of the show’s $100k cash prize 

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest Posts

    COVID-19: New South Wales eases coronavirus restrictions and borders re-open on December 1

    Alfresco dining, house parties and packed-out concerts: All the big changes coming to New South Wales TODAY for the start of summer as coronavirus...

    Candice Warner jokes a marathon sex session may have been to blame for David’s groin injury

    'Sorry, Australia': Candice Warner says a marathon sex session was to blame for her cricketer husband David's groin injury... after they reunited for the...

    I’m A Celebrity hosts Ant and Dec ‘are staying at £1000-a-WEEK cottage while filming hit show’

    I'm A Celebrity hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelley 'are staying at £1000-a-WEEK cottage complete with a huge kitchen and plush lounge while filming...

    Trump’s favorite COVID adviser Scott Atlas RESIGNS

    BREAKING: Dr. Scott Atlas - President Trump's special adviser on the coronavirus pandemic - formally resigns President Donald Trump's special adviser on the coronavirus pandemic...