‘I gave birth to a toddler!’ Mother who delivered a 14-POUND baby via C-section shares images of her son as a newborn – when he was twice the size of the average baby and had to wear clothing for a nine month old
- TikTok user @shans1588 shared her incredible story last week while responding to a video asking parents to reveal the weight of their biggest baby
- The mom explained she was 38 weeks pregnant when she delivered her second son via C-section with the help of not one but two doctors
- The TikToker said her son weighed ‘a whopping 14 pounds, 0.6 ounces’ and was nearly 24 inches long
- Average birth weight is about 7.5 pounds while the average length is 20 inches
- She added that he was the ‘size of a toddler,’ and after 11 days in the NICU, he came home wearing clothes sized for babies who are ‘six to nine months’
A mother has revealed that she gave birth to a 14-pound baby who was the size of a toddler and nearly twice as big as the average newborn.
TikTok user @shans1588 shared her incredible story last week while responding to a video asking parents to reveal the weight of their biggest baby to see who had the heaviest child.
‘We want to play the biggest baby? I got you,’ she said at the start of her viral video, which has been viewed more than 29 million times.
Scroll down for video
TikTok user @shans1588 has opened up about how her second son weighed 14 pounds, 0.6 ounces when she delivered him via C-section
Not one but two doctors helped deliver the baby boy, who was the size of a toddler
‘At 38 weeks and one day, I had my second son [delivered] via C-section by two doctors — because he came in at a whopping 14 pounds, 0.6 ounces.’
The mom noted that her baby boy was also close to 24 inches long.
The average birth weight for babies is around 7.5 pounds, according to University of Michigan Health, although between 5.5 pounds and 10 pounds is considered normal.
The newborn was also 24 inches long, four inches above the average
The TikToker’s son was also above the normal range in length, which is between 18 and 22 inches, with 20 inches being the average.
‘Yes, I gave birth to a toddler who then spent 11 days in the NICU where, clearly, he was the biggest baby in there. The NICU did not even have diapers for him or clothes,’ she recalled.
‘They had to go upstairs to pediatrics and get size three diapers and he came home in clothing [sized] six to nine months.’